Saturday, October 22, 2011

Magic Words Customers Love to Hear!

I have a firm belief that words have immense power.  So I asked myself, when it comes to serving customers, what are those magic words that contribute to building strong lasting meaningful relationships? 

Based on my nearly 3 decades of serving customers, I came up with the list below.  Using these with sincerity, combined with your keeping your promises and delivering high quality products and services, lets customers know you love them, that they matter to you. In turn this results in customers loving you.  As a result, everyone wins.  Use these words generously and often and experience for yourself the very positive results that will follow.
  • Thank you
  • Sure, no problem
  • We'll take care of it right away
  • Consider it done
  • I'm sorry.  Will you please forgive me.
  • Please accept my apologies 
  • I'll fix it right away
  • Problem solved
  • All done, taken care of
  • Yes, we can do that
  • Sure, we can do that
  • When you're happy, we're happy
  • What can I do for you?
  • We're on it, no worries
  • We're looking into it right now.  We'll be back in touch very soon.
  • What can I do to make it right?
  • I don't know, but I'll be sure to find out and get back to you.
Which magic words can you add to this list?  Please share so everyone reading this blog benefits.  Thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vinay, this is a great conversation about magic words. Some that I use are
- thank you for your contribution...it has helped us to succeed
- i appreciate your time (energy) (committment)
- you make my job easier

AND hand written notes of appreciation/thank go a long way in giving magic words to others

Vinay Kumar said...

Thank you Donna. What you share is absolutely wonderful. I really appreciate you for taking time to share these.

Thanks also for having me moderate at your conference. I really enjoyed it and it was great to see you again. Till we meet again,

Vinay