Sunday, July 4, 2010

What is Freedom?


This question has been going around in my head, with no clear answer emerging. It then occurred to me, why not ask you all. So here I am. Hoping you can help me.

I mean, this morning I was "requested" by my dear wife to help her with the gardening, and she knows I hate gardening. Sure, I could have said no but then surely I would have been in the dog house for what would feel like eternity.


Am I really "free"?


Then as I did my Home Depot run this morning, a car passed by which had the following bumper sticker: "I Owe I Owe, So Off to Work I Go?".

Is this driver really "free"?

As I reflect on these and many other examples from my own life, I am beginning to wonder: What is freedom? What does it feel like?

What are your thoughts?

Vinay


PS Happy July 4th.

No comments: